Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Rasta Soap


Since I just got a new slab mold, Chris asked if I would make him a Rasta Soap with Green, Black, Red and Yellow all swirled around. Being that I love a request, I took him up on the challenge!

The soap is a saponified blend of Olive Pomace Oil, Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, Jojoba Oil, Fragrances of Egyptian Musk, Eastern Amber, Jasmine and Hinoki Wood.

The colors started to thicken as I poured them into the mold, so the top is a little chunky looking, but I bet when its cut it will look awesome inside! I think I may have added a little too much fragrance oil however because there was a decent amount of excess oil lining the top of the soap which I kinda patted dry a bit. Usually as it cures it will sweat a little bit, but this was puddling. This will be 12 bars 4oz bars, so 3 lbs, and I should have had more than 3 oz into the soap, however, I over poured and corrected a few times and ended up with about 4 oz, so I'm not surprised. I'm not too concerned at this point, but we'll wait to see how it all cuts tomorrow!!

Smells wonderful! :-)

1 comment:

  1. It looks absolutely wonderful! I love Egyptian Musk!!!

    ReplyDelete