Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mint Chocolate Soap


"Not all Fragrance Oils are created equal."

I got in a new shipment of fragrance oils this last week and have been experimenting with them ever since. My last soap, the Sweetflower Soap, was my first "challenging" soap I've had due to fragrance oils, seizing and winding up with soap on a stick. My previous Green Tea soap however, did not have the same issue with seizing up and so I wasn't sure what to expect with my latest Mint Chocolate soap.

Thankfully this one had NO issues with seizing up. In fact, I probably could have beat my soap a little more with my stick blender, yet not knowing what to expect, I prepared for the worst which actually ended up working out in the end. Because I left my soap at such a light trace, the colors ended up swirling together quiet nicely! At least, what I can see of them. Can't wait until tomorrow to cut into it and see how the colors blended in the loaf! In the meantime, the smell is absolutely killing me... it's just like Girl Scout Thin Mints, only more chocolaty and more minty. Awesome.

Aside from the euphoric aroma this bar gives off, the other nice little perk is the Wheat Germ added at trace for superfatting! For those of you who are unfamiliar with Wheat Germ is packed with Vitamin E as well as promotes skin cell formation, which is great for nourishing and rejuvenating dry, mature, dehydrated skin, reducing scarring, stretch marks, sunburns, and damaged skin.

Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Olive Pomace, Palm Oil, Castor Oil, Wheat Germ, Fragrances of Chocolate Mousse and Mocha Mint, Iron Oxide Pigments for coloring

No comments:

Post a Comment