Friday, March 26, 2010

Lavender Peach Soap


My new slab mold arrived today and I was so excited to try out my new oxide color pigments I received! I tried my first 4 color swirl: pink, orange, violet & natural. At first I was a little worried about how to mix the color correctly to not have any speckling, but I just added some hot water to the color and poured in my base at trace into each color.

Since I was doing 4 colors, I wanted to make sure I would have enough time to play with lining the colors and having fun making the swirls, so I tested 1 tbsp of oil with a few drops of fragrance to see if there would be any seizing. (Thank you Sweetflower soap, you have forever made me wary) Thankfully this fragrance was Seize Free and so I mixed my fragrance into my whole base and then poured a little soap into each color and stirred.

I lined my colors into my lovely new mold and then took a skewer and made some swirls!! I'm so happy with how it looks now, I just hope it looks as good all the way through! Will know for sure tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment