Friday, March 12, 2010

Palm-Free, Maybe?

I tend to go Gung-Ho whenever I get a new idea in my head and I wrote a couple of days ago that I was going to be going Palm-Free for all my soap. I now fear I may have spoke too soon!

It is possible to have Palm-Free soap, but after much research, I might not be able to get away from it entirely as it is one of the few oils which provide for a hard, cleansing bar.

SO! I've decided to come to a compromise... I can't guarentee at the moment that all my future soaps will be Palm-Free. I'm going to try it for a while and see how my soaps turn out... if they work just as well, then PERFECT! We're Palm-Free! But, if I don't like how they work, then I'll just create a Palm-Free line of soaps specifically for those who are Palm Conscious, as well as have a line of soaps with Palm Oil to achieve the effect I like in my soaps.

In the meantime, I'm going to use Soybean Oil as my replacement for Palm Oil. Both should create a hard lathering bar, but I know Soybean Oil isn't as popular. We'll see how it goes!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I've made a few palm free recipes that are soybean free too! Cocoa is a great hard oil, but it will increase your overhead

    ReplyDelete