Friday, March 12, 2010

Creating with Olfactory Hues

My new soaping colors arrived today and I tested them out in my first ever batch of Soft Lavender & Rosemary soap! Unfortunately....wait, what am I saying... FORTUNATELY!, I now have a new addiction in soapmaking! First off, let me say, OMG, it was SOOO much fun! I simply love the act of swirling colors. Yes, I know, simple enough to entertain a 4 year old, but hey, I'll admit I'm just a kid at heart!

All I want to do now is some up with new scents and see what colors I can mix to help express these scents! This just added a whole new level to my soapmaking! Stand back soap world, I'm coming with a double fisted punch of fragrance and trippy colors! (sounds like a Dead show!) :-D

There's tons of ways to color soap, either in the pot or in the mold, swirl with a spatula or skewer. I'm going to try to video tape my next few batches to show the process and how I color. Unfortunately, I was hoping to do so this weekend, but with this batch of Soft Lavender & Rosemary I ended up using up most of the rest of my Carrier Oils and my new shipment won't arrive until Monday or Tuesday of next week! Bugger!

Although, one can never really guess what the bar may look like once it's cut, I'm anxiously awaiting tomorrow morning when I can slice into my new colorful concotion and gloat over my creation! I think this one is going to turn out splendedly, so keep your fingers crossed! Will update you all in about 14 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment