Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Slab Mold, Glory Be Thy Name!


Behold! My new glorious 4 lb Slab Mold that makes 12 bars of soap. I just ordered it online and anxiously await it's arrival. With it, I hope to finally achieve the color swirls I've been hoping to do with my Log Mold... only I think my Log Mold is too deep to achieve the swirls the way I would like them to be. It's 4 inches deep, so I can get a nice swirl effect on the surface, but when I cut my soap the inside and base is always, lets say, less impressive in my swirling effect.

With a Slab Mold, the thickness of my batch should only end up being about 1 inch, so I should have more control over my swirls. The coolest part about this mold is it's a wooden mold, but lined with a silicone liner, so now I shouldn't have to worry about lining my molds with wax paper or crinkling up any of my edges. I just pour right into the silicon and the soap peels away easily when it's time to take it out! After a quick wash, the liner is ready for another soap! No waste, a cleaner edge and (hopefully!!) better swirling ability with my colors. Beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment