Saturday, March 13, 2010

By The Look of This Cover, I Was Expecting a Best Seller


The other morning my boyfriend woke up and decided to make us whole grain waffles. He poured the batter into the iron and waited anxiously for his crisp, golden brown waffle and when he opened the lid, his golden brown waffle ripped in half into a lumpy, crispy mess. The taste and nutrition was just as good, but the presentation was nothing to behold. So too, I feel, is my last creation. :-(

This morning when I woke up, the first thing I did was run downstairs to slice into my new Soft Lavender & Rosemary soap. By looking at the surface, I was expecting the insides to look just as lovely as the outside. I just got my colors in yesterday and decided to try to make my swirls in the mold, as I had seen from some videos. The videos never showed the outcome of the insides of the bars, but the tops looked lovely. That probably should have been my first hint!

After I combined everything and swirled it all around, the top of my soap looked like the prettiest soap I had ever made and I was dying to cut into it and see the same pretty swirls all the way through. What I got instead, was a blocky, lumpy mess of colors and hardly no swirl whatsoever. Pollock's work had more detail. Crud. And I was so excited.

I'll probably sell these bars at a bit of a discount just because I'm so unimpressed with the look of them. At least the composition turned out fantastic and you can still get the same wonderful benefits from each bar. Just make sure to close your eyes and you'll never tell the difference ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment