Saturday, April 17, 2010

New MOM Soap (Milk, Oatmeal & Honey)!


When I first decided I wanted to make a milk soap, I knew it had to be an Oatmeal, Milk & Honey soap. I asked my mother how you said Oatmeal, Milk & Honey in Ukrainian and she said it was "Malako", "Ofsienka" and "Myod" (phonetically spelled of course!!) :-) Well, I took the first letter of each word and it spelled MOM, which related perfectly. Not to mention an Oatmeal, Milk & Honey soap seems just like a "Mom" kind of soap! :-)

Since there would be no real swirl design with this one, I decided to go back to my log mold, which actually worked out well, since this time I wanted to line my top with whole oatmeal and a dash of cinnamon.

This milk soap is a saponified blend of whole milk, coconut oil, olive pomace, palm oil, avocado oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, beeswax, hand-ground oatmeal, honey, cinnamon and Oatmeal, Milk & Honey Fragrance.

1 comment: